I got a card from a friend this Christmas time and it said "Merry Everything!"
This has been a roller coaster of a year with all the twists and turns and even upside down spins. Parts have been hard to catch our breath and others we were shouting with excitement and joy. I can actually visualize this since we just rode the "Screamer" at California Adventure. The best part is that through it all, we are together as a family.
Jared was just hired as the Director of Instructional Design at LDS Business College. So exciting to be working on getting the curriculums online and eventually as apps worldwide. It is like being an entrepreneur because he is treading new ground at the college. He is also doing freelance work on the side and is still bit by bit pursuing his app development.
I started substitute teaching in the fall. Sometimes at the kids' elementary school, but more often at a charter school close by. It has been fun being close to the kids. But I've jumped at the chance to get back in the business world. My twin brother Chris moved back to SLC a couple of months ago and was rehired at Fidelity Investments. Many moons ago, he worked at Fidelity and convinced me to apply. I worked for them for 5 years, until the day Rachel was born. So I will be dusting off the "financial brain cobwebs" and plan to go back in February.
Ethan, believe it or not, turned 15 a couple of weeks ago. He has been doing well in the 9th grade. Of course, he has been loving gym the most with bowling, laser tag, and hockey. He is still referreeing soccer as well as playing indoor and outdoor. And in his limited spare time, he is also still a lego builder/creator, Mindcraft builder and great big brother.
Rachel has had an adventurous year to say the least. Never having been in the pageant world and then winning Miss Utah Pre Teen. She is much more confident than I was at her age. In November, we went to California so she could compete at Nationals. She did fantastic. We were so proud of her. In addition to the volunteering and prep that she has done, Rachel also got back into gymnastics, finally reaching her goal of doing the splits all the way and just about mastering the back handspring, referreeing outdoor soccer and playing indoor soccer, and wanting to try so much more. She is coasting through 6th grade at the elementary school and can't wait to start Jr High in the fall.
Luke played soccer in the spring, gymnastics in the summer/fall and is now about to start indoor soccer. He makes friends easily and has been reading well in the 3rd grade. He is social and has a smile on his face most of the time. When possible he is playing Wii or on the computer for games.
Brady is loving soccer, football and... he is our little sports lover. He has to have some kind of ball in his hands or touching his feet all the time. He adjusted to first grade, this time, only taking a few weeks instead of a few months. He is a great reader and does enjoy school. He loves to be involved in what his older brothers are doing whether its the computer, Wii or outside kicking the ball around.
I can honestly say, I'm glad the 2011 is over. Thanks for the memories. Now onto 2012... changes are here and we are hopeful, happy, and excited for this year.
I will hopefully get caught up on the end of year posts soon...before mid February is my goal.
1 comment:
great update. Thanks!
Post a Comment