Sunday, January 23, 2011

Ethan turns 14!

It's hard to believe that Ethan is now fourteen. He is truely enjoying giving me heart attacks by saying such things as "I start seminary next year" or "...in two years, I'll be driving!" or " I'll be on a mission in 5 years!" Life is passing too fast.

 We have our family traditions...this one isn't one of Jared's favorites but I like it, it's unique! We wake up the birthday person with cake in bed!!!! Start the fun day with a complete sugar rush....

The part I didn't get pictures of was Ethan using his Christmas and bday money to buy lots more Lego. We ended the day with having cousins over. They pulled a great trick on him.  On the dinner table, one of the cousins had put a small gift. They then told Ethan that his present was on the table. He excitedly went over and picked up the small gift and unwrapped it.  Josee, his cousin who is only younger than him by 3 weeks is trying to hold in the laughter. He looks at the unwrapped gift, not quick sure of it...it was a lipgloss watch. We all busted up laughing trying to get him to "try on" the watch. Not able to hold it in much longer Josee told Ethan that his real present was downstairs under the bed. A few seconds later he comes up with a big grin and a nerf sword/shield in hand...and a big sigh of relief! It didn't take long for Rachel to confiscate the gloss watch and make it hers.

1 comment:

Grandpa said...

Where ever did you get the idea to give "fake" presents to someone?? I can't imagine!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Ethan!