Saturday, May 22, 2010

I did it...again!!!

I survived another triathlon.  The Women of Steel Tri had over 740 entries.  I was a little nervous this year.  Last year, I broke my pinky toe 2 weeks before the triathlon so they let me postpone my entry to this year.  I went to bed last night, listening to the wind howling and the rain coming down.  This morning, I woke up to it drizzling rain and cold.  Can I do this?  I really hate being cold.  I've watched the weather reports all week long and the high today was supposed to be 55 degrees -- hello Mother Nature, its May 22nd!!!!

Anyways, I bucked it up and went to the triathlon anyways.  Are they really going to have us swim in this?  The temperature at the start was 39 degrees...brrrrrrr.  Luckily, the organizers realized that it wasn't smart to have us swim in this so instead, we ran 1 mile and then continued with the planned tri of 12 mile bike and 3 mile run. So if you want to be technical, I did a Dualathlon today.

It was crazy.  I'm on the bike, just surviving a beast of a hill and then I get pasted by a lady who is 61.  How do I know this you ask?  They mark you leg with your age and your arm with your race number.  Luckily for me, within the next half mile I passed a girl who was 15.  So much for racing with a big ego.

This year I was just wanting to finish since I have been fighting a cool/sinis infection.  Here I am, several hours later, happy to have done it.

Will I do this craziness again????

You bet!

1 comment:

evetsandassilem said...

Look at you! I can tell you you would have been passing me!! I have always wanted to do a triathlon but never have! We should do one together sometime!?