Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Dreamy, Beautiful Cancun!!!!

A couple of weeks ago Jared and I went to Cancun Mexcio.  I've had my passport for six years and this was my first stamp in it- ever!!!  One of Jared's friends has been asking us to go with them to stay at their condo for the last couple of years but to no avail.  This time, however, the planets aligned and with less than 2 weeks notice, we decided we couldn't pass it up. So it was us, the Bishops and the Bishops (his brother and wife).  So much fun and lots of laughter.
This is hotel row.  We stayed at Lahia (http://www.lahia.com/).  I have only see water this color in pictures and then I even thought it was "photo-enhanced".  Half way down there is a hotel that looks a little like a pyramid.  It's the Hilton and some of our neighbors just happened to be vacationing at the same time.  So we went down and visited with them too.
The condo we stayed in was on the third floor.  It is absolutely beautiful.
This is the pool at Lahia - not even the whole thing, but you get the idea.  It is HUGE! 
This was the norm everyday - Me laying one the double sunbed and Jared trying to figure out what to do next. In high school, my friends called me "Casper", and it didn't help that I didn't have the patience to layout in the sun all day.  I definitely didn't have a problem here just wanting to lounge in the sun, reading a book and drinking pinatas (virgin pina coladas).  Jared just wanted to be active - swimming, running, snorkeling, etc.  He was like a big kid again trying to decide what was next.
This is what I would periodically look up at as I was reading books, lounging on the sunbeds.
This is just south of our condo. At the end is ClubMed and has snorkeling.  We had our own fins and googles and found some fun colorful fish. 
If you look really close, Jared drew in the sand a huge note to me!  Love that guy!
Our many thanks again to Steve and Rebecca Bishop for inviting us on this dreamy vacation.  Because of their extensive knowlege of Cancun, we ate at some wonderful restaurants and saved $$ at the same time.  I thought it was funny that we ate more Italian than Mexican. 

No comments: