One of Ethan's at home assignments is to cook something from scratch, no box mixes and no parents in the kitchen helping. So I must admit, before Ethan officially started cooking, I gave him one last mini lesson about our kitchen. I wasn't far off for the cooking fun, just close enough to answer any questions and hear all the funny comments between him and Brady, the assistant.
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
School Project - alone in the kitchen!
Ethan has a CTE rotation (Career Technology Education). He has already had entreprenuership and computers. Now it is cooking & sewing. Of course, back in my day we called it Home Ec, but Ethan adamantly defends the title CTE. I have some fun memories from Jr High Home Ec, pizzas out of biscuts, etc. I did get A's on table settings. I don't remember the sewing part which could explain my "straight" line sewing!!!
One of Ethan's at home assignments is to cook something from scratch, no box mixes and no parents in the kitchen helping. So I must admit, before Ethan officially started cooking, I gave him one last mini lesson about our kitchen. I wasn't far off for the cooking fun, just close enough to answer any questions and hear all the funny comments between him and Brady, the assistant.
The mixer got some good use yesterday. A couple of times, it got set on HIGH speed by accident.
One of the funniest statements I heard, I was not technically in the kitchen, was from Brady. He was "helping" Ethan. It came time to crack the eggs and Brady really wanted to do it. Ethan told him that he didn't know how. Brady quickly responded, "Yes I do, all you do it crack it and then quickly hand it to someone else!"

Clean up is important. In fact, the questionaire that I had to fill out and sign for him to take back to his teacher asked if the kitchen was (a) worst than before, (b) about the same, (c) better than when he started.... Kudos to Ethan for cleaning up from his cooking.
The recipe said it would make 4 dozen cookies. Ethan figured that would mean the cookies would have to be tiny. As you can see, he opted for BIG cookies instead.
One of Ethan's at home assignments is to cook something from scratch, no box mixes and no parents in the kitchen helping. So I must admit, before Ethan officially started cooking, I gave him one last mini lesson about our kitchen. I wasn't far off for the cooking fun, just close enough to answer any questions and hear all the funny comments between him and Brady, the assistant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go! Chocolate chip cookies...an all time favorite at our house.
Post a Comment