Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Forever Family

This last weekend, Jared and I flew down to Arizona to attend several family events all cramed into that one weekend. It was absolutely wonderful! On Friday, our cute little nieces Ivy and Elly were sealed to their family in the Mesa AZ LDS Temple. All dressed in white, this wonderful family, including the 2 older children, were sealed as an eternal family. "Lively Ivy" just smiled and laughed during it and "Elly Belly" was totally asleep. These beautiful little girls are so loved by everyone. Their birth mothers made very brave decisions and hopefully they will be reassured that these girls will be extremely loved all their lives.

On Saturday, our nephew Isaac was baptized. I loved the smile that was plastered on his face. He was so excited that entire weekend. We are so proud of him. We also played at Keaton's birthday party that day too.

Then on our last day, Sunday, Ivy and Elly were blessed in church. Jared and I stayed with Geoff and his family so we were able to be helpers with the girls at home, feeding, changing, playing, and anything else needed for them. We got to help dress them in their pretty white dresses. The twins also wore the bracelets that Rachel made for them. So cute!

I am so grateful that we were able to be in AZ this weekend with our family and participate in these ordinances of the gospel. Last week, Rachel asked me what I would do if one of them (my kids) died. I confidently answered that I would be very sad that they are not with me but that I know that we are an eternal family and that I would be with them again. I am so grateful for this knowledge and the strong reminder of the power of the priesthood from this weekend.

1 comment:

Dad/Grandpa said...

Glad you got to go. Bet your kids were sad they couldn't join you there. They probably realized they needed to be in school though.