Saturday, December 26, 2009

Gingerbread Houses Galore!!!

I could not believe all the candy we had for decorating Gingerbread houses.Brady was the most interested of all 8 kids from start to finish. He built his house and decorated it. Then had a full imaginary battle with candys fighting and demolishing the house. I think he spent over half the 2 hrs with the icing bag in his mouth. What do you think? Ethan was more interested in a quick version of a gingerbread house that could launch lego ships. Luke wasn't interested at all in decorating, just eating the candy.

Rachel was very creative, using a bell chocolate candy upside down for a chimney and then having a present "stuck" on the chimney. Also, look closely and you can see her white gate in front of her house.


My house was fun. I went for the thatched roof look with Chinese noodles. Then I copied Lana's idea for green and red house lights. But my most proud feature is the chocolate bench in front.

Our friends, the Harwoods, came and we had TONS of candy and lots of fun.

My friend Kathy's house with the white chocolate roof and wreaths in the windows looks great! She had a hard time finishing because she wanted to keep adding and adding to her house.


1 comment:

Grandpa said...

Very creative. Looks like lots of fun!