Saturday, January 24, 2009

Fun with Ethan





Jared and I had a "date" with Ethan last night and we went to the temple to do baptisms. This was Ethan's first time in the temple. Lucky for us, the drive to the Mt. Timpanogos LDS Temple is only 3 minutes, unlike the 5 hour drive when I was growing up in Nashville and going to Atlanta. My mom even remembers before the Atlanta Temple that they would have to drive 12 hours to the Washington DC Temple. Now there is even a temple in Nashville, yeah! Anyways Ethan thought it was great and says that we need to go back every week. Then he settled for at least once a month with us. We did walk around the temple grounds, albeit was 9 pm and very cold. The glass work on the windows is absolutely beautiful, these little squares of glass change color depending upon the angle from which you view it. One angle it looked pinkish purple then walking to the other side it changed to a deep blue.


I can't believe Ethan is 12. He is growing up fast. I was even looking at his suit and we need to have the pants legs rehemmed, adding at least 2 inches. He is still technically on the small end, 5% on height and weight, but the doctor said that the data is based on boys reaching their full height by age 16. Well that more than likely will not happen since my brothers were still growing in height when they were in college. So there is hope.... I just hope that he is at least as tall as Jared and not my height (all glorious 5 ft 2 in of me). Maybe I could say that Chris, my twin, stole some of my height genes while in utero...He is 6 ft, I think.


Jared got called to work with the 12-13 yr old boys as an assistant to the Deacon's Quorum advisor. He and Ethan went to last week's activity- Space Camp, at the Christa McAuliffe Space Education Center. They basically were acting like they were on a Star Trek mission and had a blast. Perfect place for both of them. The space center blog is http://www.voyagerslog.blogspot.com/



No comments: