Today was a big day for the family. Ethan was ordained a deacon. Jared and I encouraged him to bear his testimony in Sacrament meeting. He became very nervous. Luke on the other hand overheard that Dad would go up with Ethan and he quickly begged to go up too. Ethan insisted that Dad go first, but Luke (in Jared's arms) took control of the microphone at the podium and said "I am a child of God." Done. That was it. Nothing else to say. When it was Ethan's turn, it was short and sweet, before his emotions could take over. He was very proud that he did it even though he was very nervous.
Brady started Sunbeams today. His teacher, Sis. Barcley, has been the Sunbeam teacher for about 16 years -- I'm not kidding. She is this grandma lady and she has them under control. In fact when I went to pick him up, she openned the door and all 6 3-year olds were sitting on their chairs, reverently folding their arms. I couldn't believe it because I can't even get him to sit still for 1 minute.
I'm still working on adding pictures, but since the move, I can't find the cables to connect the camera to the computer....Ah, gotta love boxes of stuff!
Tomorrow Ethan, Rachel, and Luke start their new school... I'll post more later on that.
1 comment:
Sorry to have missed it. Must have been very gratifying for you to see all this happen.
Love, Dad/Grandpa
Post a Comment