I thought when we decided to move literally one street over that moving would be a breeze. I could take things here and there, get it organized, bring some more, repeat.... hahaha!
Hindsight, it just meant I was prolonging the agony because it still got to the point where we were just throwing things in bags and boxes and the end and cramming them into the garage, forcing us to park on the driveway for weeks until we could clear enough out.
Don't get me wrong, I love our new home. But we are still in unpacking mode. We did get a lot of yard work down and I must say, it looks really good out there now. Luckily, our friends who owned the home previously took really good care of it inside and out, so we are just maintaining. The outside just needed to be weeded from a long winter's nap.
The upstairs has 4 bedrooms which means that Ethan is finally back on the same floor as the rest of us. Believe it or not, he really really didn't like being in the basement (2 floors down) from us in our last house all by himself. I admit too that I do like all of us a lot closer together.
We still need to get pictures up on the walls. I've reorganized a couple of closets/drawers 2 or more times, because it just wasn't "logically working" for us. Or should we call it OCD? I don't mind.
Our basement is 50% finished. We are going through ideas of what to do and have a couple of neighbors with lots of experience and tools offer to help. Speaking of neighbors, we love our neighbors. Really we love this whole neighborhood, hence the need to only move one street over. So many have brought over meals during the first weeks of the move, helped with the "big move" of furniture and boxes, mowed our grass until we resurrected our law mower that hadn't seen any action for about 5 years, borrowed another law mower while ours was getting the tune up. Another neighbor also came and help me clean out the garden boxes that were over grown with grass weeds. We were so excited that we have a garden, that we've already planted 3 tomato plants, several peppers, herbs, cantaloupe and strawberries.
I admit, some days I just come home from work tired and not wanting to "unpack" but that's what weekends are for.
Happy Home, Happy Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment