Thursday, September 2, 2010

Kindergarten at last!

Jared had the camera yesterday morning and took some great and funny pictures of Brady, Luke and Rachel before the big first day of kindergarten.

Okay, I took this picture of Dad and Brady.  I must admit that since I was still in my pajamas with no makeup, I declined to have my picture taken to remember the morning.
On your mark...get set...goooooo!

There is the "K" for kindergarten. Yipee.

Love this piture. They look like brothers but still definitely have their own "look".  We refer to them as "the littles".  Maike actually was the first to nickname them and we've continued with it. 
In the chaos of getting everyone ready and helping Rachel with some last minute school stuff, I was so caught up in making sure that they caught the bus that I didn't "savor" the moment of sending my last one off to school.  So, no tears, no choking up...  Did I get jipped? Wasn't I supposed to cry? I am emotional in that I even cry during commercials, but nothing with this....?  On the other hand, Brady was ready and I was excited for him. (also, I was going to the school in less than an hour to help in Rachel's class, so I could check on him if needed).  So all is well, all the kids in school, learning and growing.
 
The first day was yesterday. So this morning, DAY 2, I told Brady that he needed to go get dressed for school.  He quizically looked at me and asked, "Do I have school EVERY day?" Nope, I quickly responded, "only on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays.  No school on Saturdays or Sundays."  Picture the slight breathe in of the chest as he realized the magnitude of his new school schedule.  He's ready!

3 comments:

evetsandassilem said...

I cannot believe Brady is in Kindergarten! Oh my gosh! They are all so big! I'm so sorry we haven't been able to visit! I hope that we can soon! Love you all!

Grandpa said...

Wow! Great pictures capturing the excitement of the events. Am really looking forward to seeing all of you next week.

Maike said...

oh wow Brady... Kindergarten... that's soo great I hope you have a lot of fun and I hope you will find lots of friends :) love you