I remember distinctly where I was that morning. Rachel was just 15 mos old and Ethan was 4 1/2. It was before 9am Utah time and Jared was getting ready for work. I was sitting on my bed with Rachel and turned on the small little tv we had in our bedroom. The first time I saw it, I honestly thought someone was doing a video for a hollywood movie. But once it sank in that this was really happening, I called for Jared to come see it. He had been in with Ethan and came in and sat on the edge of the bed. Tears streaming down our faces in horror and unbelief. How could this really be happening. I suddenly felt very exposed, unprotected, scared for our future. It was hard to not become mezmorized by the replays of the events for the next several days and weeks. Time and the service from our military men and women have helped heal these insecurites and I have been grateful for the resurgence of pride in America in those few years after. I wished it could have lasted longer.
I saw this video on youtube today and wanted to pass it along. It's a survior's point of view and how it has taken him a long time to work through those events and also how he has changed for the better and completely sees the hand of God more real in his life.
1 comment:
Yes, I well remember that day too. I was doing psych consults at a nursing home about 15 miles south of Colombia, TN. Many TV's were broadcasting film of the events in NYC but few of my patients were psychologically in shape to grasp the significance of the events (many were not even watching.) Amazingly enough, the same seemed true of many of the staff, most of whom lived all of their lives in that small town and appeared to have no real attachment to the larger world miles away from their little universe. I, however, was very disturbed by what I saw and the horror of it all. It was very difficult working with some of my patients that day while I was so distracted by the TV images. Will never forget it.
Post a Comment