The day after Maike arrived, our good friends/neighbors - the Godwins, invited us to go boating with them on Utah Lake. I haven't been on that lake since college... Why not, sounds like fun. The weather was overcast and we saw a few lighting strikes but nothing too close. The first brave ones were Rachel, Maike, and Mykel.

Maike at one point had to cover her ears because Rachel was screaming so loudly. Mykel's Dad took it a little easy on them since it was Rachel and Maike's first time but not too easy because some of the waves almost bounced Rachel off the tube.

Next on was Brady. He didn't want to be left out of the fun, so Jared and I also climbed aboard. I was counting on sympathies of the driver (since we had Brady on board) that we wouldn't get too bounced around or flipped off. Luckily, I was right. Brady loved it.


The water temp was nice, I was expecting it to be a lot colder. Brady jumped right in as we stopped for a little break to eat sandwiches.

The other boys didn't want to get on the float but were glued to the front of the boat because with some of the turns they would get wet. They also loved going very fast in the boat.


The last ride was Mykel, Jared and Maike. They were definitely getting some airtime. I really thought they were going to flip but our driver Jared G. took pity and didn't flip them. I suggested not to since we had only known Maike for 24 hrs and I wasn't sure how she would take it. Mykel is definitely a water daredevil. She said she has been flipped off tons of times. We had a great time and are glad the Godwin's invited us along for the ride.
No comments:
Post a Comment