On Saturday, we drove up to Hill Air Force Base for their annual Airshow. They had the AF Thunderbirds perform near the end of the day. Both Jared and I remember our parents taking us to airshows when we were young, so of course we needed to pass along those kinds of fun memories to our children.
Luke, piloting this huge plane, was feeling on top of the world. There were lots of planes and helicopters to see and tour the insides. Brady went inside couple but that was enough for him.
Luke also liked seeing all the on-duty air force guards and wondering aloud, "where are their guns?"
Ethan is in the pilot see of a Hughie (I'm sure I didn't spell that right) Helicopter, similar to the one his Granddad flew in Vietnam. His Granddad would be proud.
The kids and especially Jared were mezmorized. A few times the planes flew right over our heads and it was VERY LOUD. We did bring ear plugs but Luke and Brady didn't want anything weird stuck in their ears. Brady just did it the old fashioned way and covered his ears with his hands. Luke told me he didn't think it was very loud.
After the show, the pilots signed autographs. Jared squeezed his way up to every pilot and got signatures for all of them on a picture of them flying. This next picture is of the boys, dreaming away, wishing they could fly those planes.
I've learned to never underestimate the time spent with family. Our kids kept talking about this as "family time" and we all need that kind of time. Good times. Good memories.
I've learned to never underestimate the time spent with family. Our kids kept talking about this as "family time" and we all need that kind of time. Good times. Good memories.
1 comment:
Glad you were able to take the kids to this. I, too, have fond memories of taking you and your brothers to the air shows at the Smyrna AFB sponsored by my Rotary Club. Great times!
Post a Comment