Monday, April 27, 2009

1st broken bone

Well folks, I have my first broken bone of my entire life. Unfortunately I don't have a really cool story to back it up. Jared's idea for a story is that I was hijacking a plane, Bente's idea is that I was trying to keep Jared in line....

The truth....I was cleaning....how unglamorous! I was walking by our ottoman and grazed the corner of it, my pinky toe decided not to go along with the rest of my foot. After the xray, the tech said, "Yep, you sure broke it." Great?!!

Then the doctor/podiatrist, thanks to Jared's good friend, squeezed us into his schedule immediately. One look and he said it was dislocated and broken. He was going to have to numb that side of my foot and "re"locate the toe with the rest. I'll just say that it was not pleasant getting the numbing shot. After that, I didn't feel anything, which is a good thing because Jared said he was pulling my toe in all directions before it finally popped back into place. Can we just say "gross"?

Pray for me because if the toe stays in place through Wednesday, I'm good. If it pops out again, he will have to put a pin in it....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing how a Hutchinson (Wright) could have made it so long before breaking a bone!! I made it into my mid-20's but both of your uncles (Bruce and Steve) started very young. Having had a broken toe (as well as a couple of other bone breaks in my otherwise pretty great life), I know how long and how aggravating the healing process for that can be.
Love, Dad

West Coast Knitwit said...

Thanks for the comments on my blog, Laurie. I am starting a knitting group to meet once a week. I know I won't talk over your head, and maybe we can make some headway on your projects and make you comfortable with some more complicated things. Let me know when a good time is for you to meet. P.S. Sorry to hear about the bone! Knock on wood, I haven't broken one yet.